Monday 10 January 2011

Balance

I go on about the police here because I have seen what they can be like and am greatly distressed by the way they have chosen to go. However, I should be fair and in the interests of balance add a little something to the previous Jo Yeates post. Whilst the police should have checked the local area in case anyone had CCTV in case it had captured important information and I have criticised them for not so doing, it is also true that local people have a responsibility too. I like to think that, should anything like this happen in my street I would be doing everything I could to help. Surely to goodness people don't need the police to ask them to check their CCTV recordings? Admittedly the general public might miss something, but certainly any footage of Jo would bring a closer look at the rest of the 'tape'? So yes, the police don't seem to inspire confidence, but the same malaise infects the ordinary person too and once again people wait to be told what to do. What a hopeless state of affairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment