Saturday 16 May 2015

Can Women Really Not Cope?

Heard a couple of stories in the news recently, where women are being pushed to the fore, if not actually having positive discrimination applied.

I know the cover story is that men hold women back, but it isn't ever as simple as that. Personally, the two women managers I have worked for were fine, both deserving of their jobs. Maybe I'm a strange version of a man, but being told what to do by a woman wasn't that much of a shock to me, I had a mother after all.

But I gather that it is really important to ask women to stand up for jobs they currently aren't doing (and are not physically beyond them or anything like that). They need to be implored, or systems altered to drag them in. Again, maybe I just don't get it, but isn't that the living embodiment of what, we are told, the pro-women programme is about?

A bit like diversity in employment officers whose job is to exclude certain types. Mad old world isn't it? Perhaps the election result reflects the growing realisation that we have let children and wuckfits run stuff for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment