Thursday 1 April 2010

Don't Get Me Started

If someone pulled the rug from under your feet you would notice of course. Which is why politicians go about things very differently. They need to convince you that either you never had a rug in the first place, or that you really should hand over the rug of your own accord. So what they do, is to affect your thinking. Mostly, in what could be called this Post Education world, it is achieved through the lens of Political Correctness, but can be by means more akin to a sleight of hand.

An example. I have a great plan to make some money. I'm going to ask a group of people to give me some money, that they wont get back and with that money I will build a car park. It will be in a prime location, just where they want it and when it is built I will charge them (and to be fair anyone else) to use it. Does that sound outrageous to you? Why would anyone hand over the original 'investment' money? I agree, no reason at all. Now substitute your local council for me, in that scenario. Outrageous. But somehow, these slimy toves have convinced us that what they do is all above board. As I said at the outset though, don't get me started. I'll come back another time about the evils of council car parks.

No comments:

Post a Comment