Thursday 21 June 2012

Jimmy Carr Crash

I like Jimmy Carr. Or do I? I'm not sure. He is quick-witted, which I admire. He can be funny, but isn't always. 'Sketch' shows are not his thing - he does them really badly.

But anyway, here we have a Leftie comedian who has actually done a sketch lampooning Barclays for only paying 1 percent tax. This is a tax arrangement he has made use of himself. Now if it exists, why not I say, but of course if you have always spouted that it is morally wrong, how can you then decide, morally wrong for anyone but me?

So now Jimmy has said it was an 'error of judgement' as indeed it was. He has apologised but he shouldn't have (unless it was for his sketch shows) as he only did what anyone should do in his position. If tax is to be a level playing field with all paying their dues, then the tax office needs sorting out and the law changed. That is where the problem is. That and a tax regime that goes out of its way to facilitate companies like Vodafone, to ensure they pay little or no tax here.

Bloody funny about Carr though, but I guess he isn't feeling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment