Friday 17 February 2012

An Independent UK?

Here is a small picture of things that are wrong, there are many others. As we are in the EU we must allow free movement, but it is a political construct not one actually designed to work properly, so it has many problems of misalignment. A lorry driver can come to the UK, having filled up his tanks with cheaper fuel on the Continent. He then conducts business in the UK, taking loads across the country for a fee that goes home with him. He drives on roads paid for by British taxpayers, to which he does not contribute.

When committing an offence here he is largely left alone as the police usually avoid the difficulty with language and paperwork, knowing also that by returning to his own country, though in the EU he will be effectively out of reach, so what is the point. I am left wondering; how am I served by a government that allows this, by a system of law that forces this on me, but from which I do not benefit?

If I decide to buy a house in Spain (I know, who would?), I would fully expect that I should find an interpreter and legal advice on how things work in this foreign land and at my cost. It would be mad to see it any other way. If I don't understand something then it is up to me to find out.

Now let us consider the immigrant in England, illegal or not it doesn't matter as we have no control over either. The immigrant goes along to the benefit office to receive their 'due', but naturally learning to speak the language of the country they have chosen to leech off is a terrible fag, so they don't bother. An interpreter should be available, at our cost, of course. Why is any of this permitted in my name? And don't start whining about social justice, Britain cannot pay for every waif and stray in the World, much as Cameron seems to want to, here and in their country. I am always amazed that the leftie insisting on this strategy to undermine capitalism, doesn't see that, until he is penniless and his own house filled to the rafters with 'refugees' escaping 'oppression', then his version of the moral obligation on the country is unproven.

No comments:

Post a Comment