Wednesday 18 April 2012

IPCC Commissioners

The Independent Police Complaints Commission, of whom I expect more, are seeking 'truly independent commissioners' to 'build public confidence' by (in part) 'delivering messages to partners who often have conflicting views'.

Naturally, I think I would do a great deal of good within such an organisation, as I expect more of the police and think the IPCC does not do its job competently or completely at present. However, to be eligible to apply you must never have worked for the police in any capacity. Ever. However, if you murdered someone 10 years ago you are fine, the limit is on crimes attracting a three month plus sentence, within the last 5 years.

So, my views on policing are irrelevant because, whilst high minded principles based on a fair, policing by consent basis caused me to be a Special Constable, I have been inside the system and cannot be truly independent. But if you have suffered arrest by said officers, your opinion will be fine and unbiased as long as 5 years have elapsed since you were last convicted.

A lot of people have worked hard to achieve the level of incompetence currently displayed by the police and the lack of accountability is key to this. No re-invigorated IPCC will be allowed, but a few more £75K+ bureaucrats will be on the forelock tugging payroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment