Thursday 26 April 2012

Lies, Damned Lies And Water Shortages

Because, I presume, all this water that is cascading from the sky may be giving us the impression that the drought might be over, the usual thing happens. The BBC, the nations' broadcaster on behalf of their own ideology, trot out a reporter to a reservoir on the day of the heaviest rain. 'The water here', he intones, 'would normally be way over my head at this time of year'. He carried on to say that the rain just wasn't enough. But, forgive me if I am wrong, but I don't think reservoirs fill up exclusively with rain that falls directly on to them. I think they have rivers and possibly other water courses feeding into them.

This water doesn't arrive on the same day as the rain of course. Which is why the BBC rush someone out, with downpours fresh on your mind and raincoat and tell you it isn't enough, because there is a drought story running, which very possibly may allow a 'Climate Change' angle to be worked in at some point. Anyway, us plebs get a 'narrative' not the news and certainly not the truth. And still no need for water companies to repair leaks, even with the 'drought'.

Lordy, lordy Brown is getting a kicking he richly deserves via Rupert Murdoch at the Leveson enquiry. Don't overdo it Rupert, just a decent hint that the man was completely unhinged will do, bearing in mind we have seen plenty of evidence of that ourselves! And fancy Brown getting Lord Mandelson to tell lies, I mean, why him? Oh yes, because he doesn't do anything else!

I saw two swallows this morning. I am well aware that this still does not qualify as a summer prediction, but my optimism shall not be thwarted, or the nation's done for.

No comments:

Post a Comment